Saturday, January 22, 2011

Scatterbrained and proud of it!!

Ok ok ok...
So in addition to the $100 weekly grocery budget there is also a $20 dining out portion as well as $10 drug store and $20 misc. Totaling $150 cash and divided into (pretend) envelopes!

So although I went over on my "drug store" budget ($13.88) I do have $7 left in my grocery so I end this week -$6.88


Not bad and Im still proud of myself haha

Finished making my list for next week already so I ran to the bank to get cash and headed on over to the store to pick up those things not "in my pantry" along with a few coupons (snack items for lunches or whatev.) I calculated things as I went and walked into checkout assuming $36.50 would be my total (with coupons). I admit I was slightly embarrassed to use coupons but had them in my hand on top of my $40 efficiently enough =) So far so good, right?? Well Im watching her scan them and paying attention to what they are deducting and it comes down to the last two, identical $1/1 coupon for Kraft Homestyle Mac (I was only buying them because I had the coupons and they were $2 so $1 after coupons) and the computer errored and wouldn't accept. So normally I would just say thank you and pay for my total but the NEW more $$ conscious me said thank you and grabbed the Mac out of the bag in my cart and asked her to take it off my total =) Which came to... $31.46 (for next week minus friday)

So who can't be a proud of a little personal growth!!

Menu
Mon - Broiled Seasoned Chick Brst, Veggie and Hashbrown Casserole (new recipe)
Tues - Bean (pinto) and Cheese Burritos
Weds - Egg/Potato/Sausage Bake
Thurs - Leftovers
Fri - Rotisserie Chick, Salad and French Bread (will purchase that day)
Sat - Going out with my Baby!!!
Sun - Potato Soup (which I will make a day ahead)
*lots of potato Im now noticing whoops!

Purchase $31.46
2- gallons of 1% milk
box of corndogs (16ct)
1lb sausage
pk salad
*Homestyle Mac $1/1
tortillas (8)
*2- pringles $1/2
kids cuisine (because there were no leftovers for dinner:)
*2- varios bags of 8oz Hanover pretzels $1/2
pop-tarts (whoops;)
pinto beans
heavy cream

No comments:

Post a Comment